Maesbury War Memorial
The Maesbury War Memorial commemorates those local people who died in two World Wars.
'Maesbury is one of the historic townships of Oswestry in Shropshire, England. Traditionally it consisted of the original village plus the hamlets of Ball, Gwern y Brenin, Maesbury Marsh, Newbridge and an area around the cross-roads called The Chain (after the chain gate across the turnpike road).
The memorial, a white stone cross standing on an engraved plinth, is sited in the grounds of St. John the Baptist Church (a "tin chapel") at Maesbury Marsh.
TO THE GLORY OF GOD
AND IN GRATEFUL REMEMBERENCE
OF THOSE FROM THIS TOWNSHIP
WHO FELL IN THE GREAT WAR
1914-1918 and 1939-45
Individual names can be found in the following links.