Difference between revisions of "Maidstone Family History Centre, Kent"
m (→Hardware and Equipment)
m (→Volunteer at the Centre)
|Line 73:||Line 73:|
=== Volunteer at the Centre ===
=== Volunteer at the Centre ===
Revision as of 11:16, 14 March 2012
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Centre Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Centre Resources
- 4 Centre Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Centre
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: London Rd, MAIDSTONE, ME16 0DR, UNITED KINGDOM
- There is a large car park including blue badge spaces near the entrance to the building which is level access throughout.
- Location on Map
Phone: +44 0 162-275 7811
- Tuesday 7-9pm
- Wednesday 10-noon
- Thursday 7-9pm
Seasonal holiday closure during August 2012 and for Christmas 2012 and New Year
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalogue.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This centre has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Publication of the restricted access images England, Kent, Wills and Probate (FamilySearch Historical Records) means that it is advisable to telephone the centre to reserve a computer if you wish to view this collection using the portal.
Hardware and Equipment
- The Centre is equipped with 4 film readers, 3 microfiche readers and a printer to print image copies from microform. It also has one computer and printer.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Centre
If you have an interest in family history and experience of research we would welcome your assistance and service. Please contact the Centre during opening hours for further details. We would like to extend opening hours but are dependent on volunteer help to do so and to improve our facilities and service to the local community and those with an interest in seeking their ancestors in Kent.