Majorstuen, Oslo, Norway Genealogy
There are no church records for Majorstuen available at the Family History Library. However, there are engagement records at Digitalarkivet for 1926-1969.
History of the parish
Majorstua chapel was established in 1923. It took the western part of Fagerborg parish and included a district which was bordered by Bogstadveien from the city limit, Jacob Aalsgate, Suhms gate, Sorgenfrigata, Fagerborggata, Gørbitz gate, Kirkeveien and the city limits.
In 1938 the parish was expanded to include an area between Gørbitz gate and Ullevålsveien from Fagerborg parish and the area between Kirkeveien, middelthuns gate, the city limits and Sørkedalsveien from Uranienborg parish.
A new Majorstua parish was created in 1857 from parts of Ris, Vestre Aker, Fagerborg and Uranienborg parishes.