Malangen, Troms, Norway Genealogy
Balsfjord clerical district was established in 1856 with the parishes Balsfjord and Malangen which were separated from Tromsø parish and clerical district in 1856. For earlier records see Tromsø clerical district.
Parish heading list shows the Norwegian headings on the parish records with an English translations for each of the different forms used throughout the records beginning in 1814. Prior to that time the records were kept in a journal format which varies with each parish.
- Christenings, 1856-1926
- Confirmations, 1856-1926
- Banns, 1858-1867, 1879-1910, 1920-1927
- Marriages, 1856-1926
- Stillbirths, 1879-1920
- Burials, 1856-1926
- Vaccinations, 1858-1867
- Removals and arrivals, 1857-1886, 1910-1921
Digital images of the church books are online at Digitalarkivet.
- Balsfjord Clerical District / Malangen parish: 1856-1926
- Balsfjord Clerical District / Balsfjord and Malangen parishes: 1856-1870
- The Malangen Clerical district is included in the Tromsø and Balsfjord Clerical district until 1856.
- 1845 folketelling for Tromsøysund, Balsfjord og Malangen i Tromsø prestegjeld (Troms) - 1845 Census for Tromsø, Tromsøysund, Balsfjord og Malangen is available on microfilm at the Family History Library.
- 1865, 1875, 1900 see Balsfjord clerical district.
- Folketellingen for Norge den 3dje desember 1900 - The 1900 Census for Balsfjord clerical district include Balsfjord and ; Malangen and is available on microfilm at the Family History Library. Also available online at Digitalarkivet (Digital Archives as well as the Norwegian Historical Data Centre.
- Folketellingen for Norge den 3dje desember 1910 - The 1910 Census for Balsfjord and Malangen Clerical District is available online at Digitalarkivet (Digital Archives) as well as the Norwegian Historical Data Centre.
1690-1866 Tromsø judicial district.
1776-1809 Troms County judicial district.
1697-1824 Troms and Senja deanery.
Malangen Bygdebok by N. A. Ytreberg. A history of Malangen in Troms county with the genealogy of some of the people and their farms. A farm name index to this book is found in the following link. File:948.452-M1 H2y - MALANGEN.pdf
Balsfjorden og Malangens historie fram til 1830-åra: fra veidesamfunn til jordbruksbygd by Anders Ole Hauglid. A history of Balsfjord and Malangen in Troms county, Norway from the earliest times to the 1830's. Includes some extracts from various tax lists and the 1769 and 1801 census records.
1 Ansnes 22 Aspemoen 22 Aspenes 28 Aursfjord 29 Aursfjordbotn 6 Bakkeby 21 Bjørkhaug 28 Bjørkhaug 21 Bjørkli 34 Eidet 18 Eliasnes 2 Forøen 21 Furudal 5 Gammelgaarden 10 Hamran 16 Haugen 25 Havnvaag indre 31 Keianes 27 Kirkevik 13 Kjærvik 13 Kjærvikaasen 34 Koris 7 Labugten 22 Lakseidet 24 Lanes 16 Leirbogen 35 Maalsnes 17 Mestervik 8 Mortenhals 33 Navaren indre 14 Nordby 14 Nordbyvandet 20 Nordfjordbotn 32 Perhansanes 18 Reinveien 15 Ringjorden 9 Sand 10 Sandsvik 19 Skjaavikøren 12 Skutvik indre 11 Skutvikvandet 13 Smedviken 4 Spilderbugten 3 Spildernes 23 Staalvikbotn 21 Storskogens Almenning 15 Storsteinnes 30 Sørelvmoen 21 Vasvold 21 Øverli