Map/Society Page Project
What is the Map/Society Page Project?
FamilySearch is piloting a new feature connected to the Family History Center finder map on www.FamilySearch.org. For societies that wish to participate, a society icon will be placed on the Family History Center finder map listing your society's contact information and a link to a Wiki Page devoted to your Society highlighting your Society and it's offerings.
The icon will be geographically placed on the map and will list:
- Society name
- Location of society building or meeting
- Hours of building or meeting
- Contact information
- Link to society page on the wiki - created and maintained by the society
The Society Wiki page includes:
- Purpose of the Society
- Holdings of your society including, record collections, indexes, publications, etc.
- List of Look up Services
- Benefits of why to join your Society
- Society meetings
- Society projects
View a Society Wiki page example
How Can it Help My Society?
- Provide added web presence on a FamilySearch Map that gets thousands of hits a day
- Receive free advertising for your society
- Showcase your organization to a worldwide audience
- Drive traffic to your website
- Build membership
- Increase revenue
Learn more about what the FamilySearch Wiki can do for your organization.
How Does Your Society Get Started?
- Step 1 - Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request the creation of your empty society page. This is the page you will enter and edit information about your Society. You will be notified when it is complete.
- Step 2 - Gather information about your society COMING SOON!
- Step 3 - Start creating your Society page: How to Create a Society Page
Where To Get Help During the Process
If you need help editing your Society page, there are many ways to get answers to your questions:
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 8am - 5pm
- Tuesday 11am - 5pm
- All times are Mountain Standard Time
To report a problem with the Society Page, please email: