Marengo County, Alabama Genealogy
|Dates for major county records|
|For earlier dates, try...|
|Remember these collections|
|Marengo County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||February 6, 1818|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
101 East Coats Avenue
Linden, AL 36748
Phone: (334) 295-2219
Probate Judge has marriage, probate and land records
Registrat in Chancery has divorce records
Clerk circuit Court has court records 
1818--Marengo County was created 6 February 1818 from the Choctaw Cession of 1816.
County seat: Linden 
1848 and 1965 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
For tips on accessing Marengo County, Alabama Genealogy census records online, see: Alabama Census.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Societies and Libraries
Hamily History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Marengo County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Marengo County p. 38. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).