Marengo County, Alabama Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1818--Marengo County was created 6 February 1818 from the Choctaw Cession of 1816. County seat: Linden 
1848 and 1965 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Marengo County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).