Marion County, Alabama Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1866 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Transcription of the following newspapers:
The Guin Dispatch - 1889, The Hamilton Free Press - 1893 - 1894,The Hamilton News Press - 1895, The Hamilton Appeal 1896,The Guin Gazette - 1897, The Gazette Appeal - 1897, and various articles from other various dates can be found at http://www.usgwarchives.net/al/marion/newspapers.htm
Obituaries and death notices from the transcribed newspapers can be found at http://www.usgwarchives.net/al/marion/obits.htm
Marriage notices from the transcribed newspapers can be found at http://www.usgwarchives.net/al/marion/vitals.htm
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Marion County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- "Francis Marion," Wikipedia.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).