Marion County, Alabama Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Web Sites
- 6 References
1866 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Transcription of the following newspapers:
Obituaries and death notices from the transcribed newspapers.
Marriage notices from the transcribed newspapers.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Marion County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- "Francis Marion," Wikipedia.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).