Marion County, Alabama Genealogy
|Marion County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||February 13, 1818|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1866 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
For tips on accessing Marion County, Alabama Genealogy census records online, see: Alabama Census.
Transcription of the following newspapers:
Obituaries and death notices from the transcribed newspapers.
Marriage notices from the transcribed newspapers.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Marion County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- "Francis Marion," Wikipedia.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).