Marion County, Kansas Genealogy
Marion County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Marion County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||August 30, 1855|
|Address|| Marion County Courthouse|
204 S. 4th Street
P. O. Box 219
Marion, Kansas 66861
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Marion County Courthouse
204 S 4th St; PO Box 219;
Marion, KS 66861
County Clerk has birth and death records 1885-1911.
Clerk District Court has marriage records from 1800’s,
divorce, probate and court records.
Register of Deeds has school records 1873-1964 and land records. 
1855--Marion County was created in 1855 as an original county. County seat: Marion 
- During the Civil War Marion County was designated as a minicipal township attached to Chase County for judicial purposes. The population was only about 80 in 1861. See Chase County for information about Civil War Records.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Marion County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Marion County, Kansas page 253, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).