Marion County, Oregon Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Quick Facts
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Websites
Records held at County Courthouse
- County Records Inventory listing the records held at the Marion County Court House as of July 2006.
- Record Loss:
3 September 1849: Marion county was renamed from Champoeg County.
Named for Francis Marion, a Continental Army general in the American Revolutionary War.
Trivia Tidbits: Little biographic bits associated with the names of non-population localities.
None, one of original counties.
11 June 1854: Part was taken for Wasco County.
Places / Localities
Aumsville | Aurora | Detroit | Donald | Gates | Gervais | Hubbard | Idanha | Jefferson | Keizer | Mill City | Mt. Angel | St. Paul | Salem | Scotts Mills | Silverton | Stayton | Sublimity | Turner | Woodburn
- 1845 (under name of Champoeg County)
- 1849 (under name of Champoeg County)
- 1853 State Census Transcriptions and Indexes
- 1895 State
- 1905 State