Marion County Genealogical Club
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 23:34, 10 August 2012 by ConnieBurkett
The Marion County Genealogical Club ...
- 1 Benefits
- 2 History of the society
- 3 Society Officers
- 4 Society Projects
- 5 Publications
- 6 Newsletters
- 7 Collections
- 8 Events
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the benefits for becoming a member of the society?
- What are the benefits the society has to offer for those who are not members?
|Marion County Genealogical Club|
History of the society
- President: Claudette Price
- Vice President: David Rowand
- Secretary: Doris Basnett
- Treasurer: Eleanor Carter
- Taking digital photos of cemeteries and updating cemetery lists.
FamilySearch Wiki Projects
FamilySearch Wiki Page Adoptions
- Through the sale of publications, the club has been able to purchase many publications from throughout the state of West Virginia and surrounding states including census records and vital statistics including births, deaths, marriages, and cemetery records. Our shelves also contain county histories, general genealogical information and material from surrounding states.
- Our Newsletter, “Genealogy Gleanings” is published quarterly (March, June, September, and December) and mailed to club members.
- Board Meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of every month (weather permitting). The time of the meeting varies from afternoon to evening depending on board members schedules and the weather.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. What are the directions to the society?
- Q. What are the society's hours of operation?