Marksville is a city in and the parish seat of Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana, United States. The population was 5,537 at the 2000 census.
Marksville is named after Marc Eliche, who established a trading post after his wagon broke down in this area. He was a Jewish Italian trader, believed to be from Venice, whose Italian name was recorded by a Spanish priest as Marco Litche, and as Marc Eliche by French priests after his trading post was established about 1794. He later donated land that became the Courthouse Square that is still the center of Marksville today.