Markus, Oslo, Norway Genealogy
There are no records for Markus parish at the Family History Library, but there are images the engagement records (Forlovereklæringer and Lysningsprotokoll) online at Digitalarkivet.
History of the parish
In 1916 the southern part of Gamle Aker parish was separated to become Markus parish. It encompasses an area that was bordered by Pilestredet, Dalsbergstien, Frydelundgata, Ullevålsveien and Nordahl Bruns gate.
In 1938 the area bordered by Ullevålsveien, Thereses gate, Pilestredet, Dalsbergstien ang Frydenlundgata was taken from Gamle Aker parish and added to Markus parish. At the same time an area bordered by Holbergs gate, Stensberggata, Ullevålsveien, Nordahl Bruns gate and Pilestredet was taken from Markus parish and added to Trefoldighet parish.