Marshall County, Alabama Genealogy
|Dates for major county records|
|For earlier dates, try...|
|Remember these collections|
|Marshall County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||January 9, 1836|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
424 Blount Avenue
Guntersville, AL 35976
Phone: (256) 571-7786
Probate Judge has marriage, probate and land records from 1836
and birth and death records from 1920 
- Nixon's Chapel Cemetery, Horton BillionGraves
For tips on accessing Marshall County, Alabama Genealogy census records online, see: Alabama Census.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Center
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Marshall County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Marshall County p. 38. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).