Marshall County, Illinois Genealogy
|Marshall County, Illinois|
Location of Illinois in the U.S.
|Founded:||January 19, 1839|
|Address|| 122 N. Prairie|
Lacon, IL 61540
|Named for: John Marshall|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Places / Localities
The following have information concerning African American research.
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Illinois State Archives pamphlet on African American Research describes what records are at the State Archives with an online method for ordering records.
- African-American Resources for Illinois
Archives and libraries
Illinois Regional Archives Depository (IRAD)
Illinois State Universtiy (ISU)
2016 Warehouse Road Campus
Normal, Illinois 61802
Illinois Regional Archives Depository System - Local Governmental Records Listings Arranged by County
Illinois cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Marshall County and links to the information for the individuals buried there.
- Marshall Co. IL USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- Illinois Cemeteries by county.
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Marshall County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Marshall County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
|IL Counties 1900-1990|
1861-1862 Militia Rolls IRAD-ISU
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Marshall County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Marshall County.
- - 44th Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Company C.
- - 53rd Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Company H.
- - 65th Regiment, Illinois Infantry (Scotch Regiment), Company C.
- - 77th Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Company D.
- - 86th Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Companies B and E.
Illinois Vital Records for more information.
1878- Present - The original Marshall County birth records are at the County ____office. The following records are available:
1878-1914 Birth Certificates - IRAD-ISU
1839-Present - the original Marshall County marriage records are at the County _____office. The following records are available:
1839-1921 Marraige Licenses - IRAD-ISU
1877-Present - The original Marshcall County death records are at the County ____office. The following records are available:
1877-1914 Death Certificates - IRAD-ISU
1877-1914 Death Certificates, stillbirth -IRAD-ISU
1874-1888 Coroner's Inquest Record - IRAD-ISU
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Marshall County, Illinois Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), 196. (FHL Collection Ref Book 973 D27e 2002). WorldCat entry.