Martin County, Minnesota Genealogy
Guide to Martin County Minnesota genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Martin County, Minnesota|
Location in the state of Minnesota
Location of Minnesota in the U.S.
|Founded||May 23, 1857|
|Address|| Martin County Courthouse|
201 Lake Ave
Fairmont, MN 56031-1845
Martin County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
County Recorder has birth records from 1874,
marriage records from 1864, death records from 1879
and land records.
Court Administrator has divorce,
probate, and court records. 
- 1857--Martin County was created 23 May 1857 from Brown and Faribault Counties. County seat: Fairmont 
- For a brief history of how Martin County was named, click here. Then select Martin County.
Local histories are available for Martin County, Minnesota Genealogy. County histories may include biographies, church, school and government history, and military information. For more information about local histories, see the wiki page section Minnesota Local Histories.
- Family Maps of Martin County, Minnesota Genealogy (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Martin County, Minnesota page 366, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).