Martin County, Minnesota Genealogy
Guide to Martin County Minnesota genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Martin County, Minnesota|
Location in the state of Minnesota
Location of Minnesota in the U.S.
|Founded||May 23, 1857|
|Address|| Martin County Courthouse|
201 Lake Ave
Fairmont, MN 56031-1845
Martin County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
County Recorder has birth records from 1874,
marriage records from 1864, death records from 1879
and land records.
Court Administrator has divorce,
probate, and court records. 
- 1857--Martin County was created 23 May 1857 from Brown and Faribault Counties. County seat: Fairmont 
- For a brief history of how Martin County was named, click here. Then select Martin County.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Martin County, Minnesota page 366, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).