Martin County, North Carolina Genealogy
|Martin County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Excellent Web Site: My North Carolina Genealogy - Martin County History and Information
1884--Courthouse fire destroyed many court records.
Bear Grass, Cross Roads , Goose Nest, Griffins, Hamilton, Jamesville, Poplar Point, Robersonville, Williams, Williamston
- Martin County Cemeteries at the NCGenWeb Archives
- Martin County cemetery information at the Martin County NCGenWeb site
- Find-A-Grave: Martin County Cemeteries
- Court transcriptions - NCGenWeb Archives
Register of Deeds Website
The Martin County Register of Deeds maintains records for land transactions in the county. Visit their website for further information and to search online deed records from 1866 to present.
Additional Land Records
- Deeds - NCGenWeb Archives
- Births, Marriages & Death information for Martin County - NCGenWeb site
- Search death certificates in the FamilySearch database North Carolina Deaths, 1906-1930
- Search marriage information in the FamilySearch database North Carolina Marriages 1762-1979
- Obituaries - death notices of Martin County residents
- Martin County students attending NC colleges - link via the NCGenWeb Yearbook Index
Societies and Libraries
- NCGenWeb: Martin County - free genealogy resources; part of the national USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).