Maryland, United States Genealogy
|Maryland Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
the Old Line State
- Maryland State Archives has state and county records, land, probate, vital records, & indexes since 1634.
- Three-fourth of the colonists arrived in bondage as a slave, convict, or indentured servant
- Some MD colonial wills were sent to England or Scotland for probate
|How to Find Information about Maryland, United States Genealogy Ancestors|
Maryland State Archives · Maryland State Law Library · Maryland Historical Society · University of Maryland Libraries · George Peabody Library (John Hopkins University Library) · Enoch Pratt Free Library · Baltimore City Archives · National Archives and Records Administration · Library of Congress
Bank Road · Braddock's Road · Chesapeake and Ohio Canal · Fall Line Road (or Southern Road) · Gist's Trace (or Memacolinis Path) · Great Indian Warpath · Great Valley Road · King's Highway · Maryland Road · National Road (or Cumberland Road) · Old Northwestern Turnpike · Baltimore and Harrisburg Railway · Baltimore and Ohio Railroad · Atlantic Coast Ports · Potomac River
Did you know?
- Want to locate an historic place in Maryland such as learning which county a town was in? Fisher's 1852 Gazetteer of the State of Maryland is on Google Books.
- Maryland Genealogy (located on Sailor: Maryland's Public Information Network)
- The websites of any Maryland county association (such as a county genealogical society) are listed on the county pages linked above.
Wiki articles describing online collections are found at:
- Maryland Births and Christenings (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Maryland Deaths and Burials (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Maryland Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Maryland, Naturalization Indexes (FamilySearch HIstorical Records)
- Maryland, Naturalization Petitions (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Maryland, Probate Estate and Guardianship Files (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Maryland, Register of Wills Books (FamilySearch Historical Records)