Matteus, Oslo, Norway Genealogy
There are no records for Markus parish at the Family History Library, but there are records online at Digitalarkivet.
History of the parish
In 1916 an area bordered by Toftes gate, Herslebs gate, Lakkegata, Trondheimsveien, Kirkegårdsgata, Rathkes gate and Sofienborggata was separated from Petrus parish and became Matteus parish.
Matteus parish was discontinued in 1938. The area between Rathkes gate and Sofienberggata was given back to Petrus parish. The area between Rathkes gate and Trondheimsveien was added to Jakobs parish and the area between Trondheimsveien and Lakkegata was added to Grønland parish, but, in reality, the last area should belong to Tøyen chapelry.