McDuffie County, Georgia Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 03:05, 7 March 2013 by Davidglenn1 (added Infobox)
|McDuffie County, Georgia|
Location of Georgia in the U.S.
|Founded||October 18, 1870|
|Address|| McDuffie County Courthouse|
337 Main Street
PO Box 158
Thomson, GA 30824-0028
McDuffie County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Probate Court has birth, marriage, death and probate records from 1872;
Clerk Superior Court has divorce from 1872, court and land records
Places / Localities
- Quaker Records (Baptisms, Births, Marriages, Deaths) from Wrightsboro Meeting House, Thomson, Georgia Georgia Pioneers
- Wills 1872-1885 (digital images) Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Will Book A Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Inventories, Sales, Appraisements, Years' Support, 1871-1927 Georgia Pioneers
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- McDuffie County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Georgia Pioneers Georgia Pioneers
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), McDuffie County, Georgia. Page 158 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).