McIntosh County, Oklahoma Genealogy
McIntosh County, Oklahoma genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|McIntosh County, Oklahoma|
| Map of Oklahoma highlighting McIntosh County|
Location in the state of Oklahoma
Location of Oklahoma in the U.S.
|Founded||July 16, 1907|
|Address|| McIntosh County Courthouse|
110 N. 1st Street
Eufaula, Oklahoma 74432
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
McIntosh County County
110 N 1st Street
Eufaula, OK 74432
County Clerk has birth and death records 1911-1918
and land records; Clerk Court has marriage, divorce,
probate and court records form 1907
1907--McIntosh County was created 16 July 1907 from Creek Lands.
County seat: Eufaula 
Hitchita is a small town of about 113 people in the 2000 census.
An index of cemeteries in McIntosh county is available the the Family History Library.
| Cemetery Name
|| Nearest Municipality|
| Hitchita Lackey Cemetery
| Indian Cemetery
| Ridley Cemetery
| Council Hill
For tips on accessing McIntosh County, Oklahoma Genealogy census records online, see: Oklahoma Census.
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War Battle was fought in McIntosh County
Map showing Civil war battles in Oklahoma
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), McIntosh County, Oklahoma. Page 561 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 7 August 2012)