Medina County, Ohio Genealogy
Guide to Medina County Ohio genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Medina County, Ohio|
Location in the state of Ohio
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Address|| Medina County Courthouse|
93 Public Square
Medina, Ohio 44256
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Bible Records
- 2.2 Biography
- 2.3 Business Records and Commerce
- 2.4 Cemeteries
- 2.5 Census
- 2.6 Church Records
- 2.7 Court Records
- 2.8 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.9 Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- 2.10 Gazetteers
- 2.11 Genealogy
- 2.12 History
- 2.13 Land and Property
- 2.14 Maps
- 2.15 Military
- 2.16 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.17 Newspapers
- 2.18 Obituaries
- 2.19 Periodicals
- 2.20 Probate
- 2.21 Public Records
- 2.22 Repositories
- 2.23 Taxation
- 2.24 Vital Records
- 3 Web Sites
- 4 Places
- 5 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Portage and County 18 February 1812.
- County Seat: Medina
- Neighboring Counties: Medina County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Cuyahoga (north) · Wayne (south) · Ashland (west) · Lorain (northwest) · Summit (east)
See an interactive map of Medina County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
Cemetery records often reveal birth, marriage, death, relationship, military, and religious information.
|Online Grave Transcripts||Published Grave Transcripts||County Cemetery Directories|
|Family History Library|
See Ohio Cemeteries for more information.
Finding More Church Records
Additional church records can sometimes be found using search phrases such as Medina County, Ohio Genealogy Church Records in online catalogs like:
- WorldCat (For instructions see WorldCat Online Catalog).
- FamilySearch Catalog (For instructions see FamilySearch Catalog Place-name Search).
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- Civil War
- 166th Regiment, Ohio Infantry (National Guard), Companies B, D, E, and F
Naturalization and Citizenship
The following newspapers are available at the Medina County District Library (1) Medina County Gazette 1855-present (2) Medina County Sentinel 1899-1961 (3) Seville chronicle 1948-1984
Medina County Courthouse
93 Public Square
Medina, OH 44256
Probate Court has birth and death records to 1909,
marriage and probate records; County Health Department
Health Department has birth and death records from 1909;
Clerk Court has divorce and Court Recordsc from 1818;
County Recorder has land records
Family History Centers
Medina County District Library located at 210 South Broadway Street, Medina Ohio 44256. Tel: 330-725-0588 This library has a dedicated Local History Genealogy Collection located in the Franklin Sylvester Room of this library. This room has dedicated film readers and copy machines.
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- USGenWeb project: Has maps, name indexes, history, Census, County Records, Newspaper films, and other information for this county. ,Medina County
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002]. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "HBG" defined multiple times with different content
- Wikipedia contributors, "Medina County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medina_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).