Mendocino Indian Subagency (California)
Indian Tribes Associated With This Subagency
Ukiah (Yokiah), Wappo, Pomo, Salan Pomo, Kianamaras, Redwood (Whilkut), and other Indians on the Mendocino Reservation.
The Mendocino Subagency was established in 1855 and was located in Mendocino County about 50 miles south of Cape Mendocino. It operated until 1860 when the reservation was assigned to the Northern District. In 1864, the Indians on this reservation moved to Round Valley and the Mendocino Reservation was abandoned.
Agents and Appointment Dates
Henry L. Ford November 5, 1855 transferred from Nome Lackee, H.P. Heintzleman August 3, 1860 transferred from Colorado River 
Some historical records of this subagency, including correspondence, etc., are part of the records of the California Superintendency records.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974, p. 22.
- The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. By Edward E. Hill. Clearwater Publishing Co., New York, NY ©1974. FHL Book 970.1 H551o
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.