Mercer County, North Dakota Genealogy
Mercer County, North Dakota genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Mercer County, North Dakota|
Location in the state of North Dakota
Location of North Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||January 14, 1875|
|Address|| Mercer County Courthouse|
1021 Arthur Street
Stanton, ND 58571
Mercer County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Clerk District Court has birth, death and burial records from 1942,
marriage records from 1894, divorce and court records from 1906
and probate record from 1898; Register of Deeds has land records;
State Archives has naturalization records
1875--Mercer County was created 14 January 1875 from unorganized territory. County seat: Stanton 
Cemetery transcriptions for cemeteries in Mercer County, providing name, date of birth, and date of death where available.
Vital Records (birth, marriage, death, and divorce records) may be recorded on registers, certificates, or other documents at the county clerk's office.
- See also North Dakota Vital Records for more information.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Mercer County, North Dakota Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Mercer County, North Dakota. Page 525 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).