Mercer County, West Virginia Genealogy
|Mercer County, West Virginia|
Location in the state of West Virginia
Location of West Virginia in the U.S.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Mercer County Court House
P O Box 1716, Princeton, WV 24740
- County Clerk has birth, marriage and death records from 1853; probate and land recrods from 1837; Circuit Court Clerk has divorce and court records from 1837
See an interactive map of Mercer County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
- Bland County, Virginia
- Giles County, Virginia
- Tazewell County, Virginia
For tips on accessing Mercer County, West Virginia Genealogy census records online, see: West Virginia Census.
Join us in indexing the 1940 Census
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- West Virginia, Civil War Service Records of Union Soldiers, 1861-1865
- A Census of Pensioners for Revolutionary or Military Services: With their Names, Ages, and Places of Residence, as Returned by the Marshalls of the Several Judicial Districts, Under the Act for Taking the Sixth Census]. 1841. Digital versions at U.S. Census Bureau and Google Books et. al. 1967 reprint: FHL Collection 973 X2pc 1840. [See Virginia, Western District, Mercer County on page 135.]
- Rejected or Suspended Applications for Revolutionary War Pensions. Washington, D.C., 1852. Reprinted by Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1969, and 1991. Reprints include "an Added Index to States." FHL Collection 973 M24ur; digital version at Ancestry ($). [Includes veterans from this county; Virginia section begins on page 238.]
West Virginia, Naturalization Records, 1814-1991
- West Virginia Will Books
Societies and Libraries
Mercer Family History Hall of Fame
"May we preserve their memories & Contributions!"
Please write about deceased historians & Genealogist!
Mercer County Historical Historical Society
Athens, West Virginia 24712
Family History Centers
Learning How to Edit our Wiki Sites
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).