Mexico, Aguascalientes, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Mexico, Aguascalientes, Civil Registration, 1859-1961 .
- 1 Title in the Language of the Record
- 2 Record Description
- 3 Record Content
- 4 How to Use the Record
- 5 Related Websites
- 6 Related Wiki Articles
- 7 Contributions to This Article
- 8 Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Title in the Language of the Record
Registro Civil del Estado de Aguascalientes, México
This collection includes civil registration birth records from the State of Aguascalientes, Mexico. The text of the records is in Spanish.
Birth records usually contain the following information:
- Date and place of registration
- Registrant or informant and their personal information
- Child's name and gender
- Child’s date and place of birth
- Father's name, age, marital status, occupation and residence
- Mother's maiden name, age, marital status and residence
- Names of paternal grandparents
- Names of maternal grandparents
- Names of witnesses and their personal information
How to Use the Record
To begin your search, it is helpful to know the name and some other identifying information such as the birth place or birth date.
Search the Collection
Fill in the requested information in the initial search page. This search will return a list of possible matches. Compare the information about the ancestors in the list to what you already know about your ancestors to determine if this is the correct family or person. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination. Keep in mind:
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names or variations of their name throughout their life
To search the collection image by image,
⇒Select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒Select the appropriate "City or Municipality"
⇒Select the appropriate "Record Type and Years" which takes you to the images.
For tips about searching on-line collections see the on-line video at FamilySearch Search Tips.
Tips to Keep in Mind
- When looking for a person who had a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct.
- Continue to search the index and records to identify siblings or children.
- Be aware that, as with any index, transcription errors may occur.
Unable to Find your Ancestor?
- Check for variant spellings of the names.
- Search the records of nearby localities.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Spanish. For help reading the records, see the following wiki articles:
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Citations for individual image records are available for this collection. Browse through images in this collection and click on the "Show Citation" box: Mexico, Aguascalientes, Civil Registration, 1859-1961
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found it. This will help you or others to find the same record again. Keep track of records where you did not find information about your ancestor so you and others will not waste time looking through these records in the future. A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- “Mexico, Aguascalientes, Civil Registration, Births.” Index. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013.