Mexico, Nuevo León, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Mexico, Nuevo León, Catholic Church Records, 1667-1981 .
- 1 Title in the Language of the Record
- 2 Record Description
- 3 Record Content
- 4 How to Use the Record
- 5 Known Issues with This Collection
- 6 Related Websites
- 7 Related Wiki Articles
- 8 Contributions to This Article
- 9 Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Title in the Language of the Record
Registros Parroquiales de la Iglesia Católica del Estado de Nuevo León, México
This collection of Catholic Church records from the Diocese of Nuevo Leon covers from 1667 to 1976. The text of the records is in Spanish.
Nuevo Leon is known for having a large population of Lebanese descendants.
For a list of records by localities, document type and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browse link from the collection landing page.
For additional details about the history of these records and help using them, see the wiki article Mexico Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records).
Information found in Catholic Church baptismal records include:
- Place and date of the baptism
- Given name
- Gender, place, and date of birth or age at baptism
- If legitimate or illegitimate
- Parents' names, sometimes their residence and/or places of birth
- Names of maternal grandparents
- Names of paternal grandparents
- Names of godparents
Information found in Catholic Church marriage records include:
- Place and date of the marriage
- Name of the groom
- Age, place of birth, and/or residence of groom
- Names of the groom’s parents
- Name of the bride
- Age, place of birth, and/or residence of bride
- Names of the bride’s parents
- Sometimes the parents' places of origin and/or civil status
- Names of witnesses
Information found in Catholic Church burial records include:
- Place and date of the burial
- Burial place
- Name of the principal
- Place and date of birth or age at time of death
- Cause of death
- Residence of the deceased
- Place of death
- Civil status of the principal
- If married, may give name of the spouse
- Whether principal left progeny
Information found in Catholic Church confirmation records include:
- Date and place of confirmation
- Name of person being confirmed
- Parents’ or godparents’ names
How to Use the Record
Search the Collection
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒ Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒ Select the "City or Town" category
⇒ Select the "Parish" category
⇒ Select the "Record Type and Years" category which takes you to the images
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
Known Issues with This Collection
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached Wiki article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Spanish. For help reading the records, see the following wiki articles:
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Citations for individual image records are available for this collection. Browse through images in this collection and click on the "Show Citation" box: Mexico, Nuevo León, Catholic Church Records, 1667-1981
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- Archdiocese of Monterrey, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. Registros parroquiales, 1667-1976. Local parish archives throughout the State of Nuevo Leon, Mexico.