Mexico, Sinaloa, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Mexico, Sinaloa, Catholic Church Records, 1671-1968 .
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of the United Mexican States|
|Location of Sinaloa, Mexico|
|Title in the Language:||Registros Parroquiales de la Iglesia Católica del Estado de Sinaloa, México|
|Catholic Church Parishes, Sinaloa|
- 1 What is in the Collection?
- 2 Collection Contents
- 3 How Do I Search the Collection?
- 4 What Do I Do Next?
- 5 Known Issues with This Collection
- 6 Citing this Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in the Collection?
This collection of Catholic Church parish records for Sinola covers the years 1671 to 1968. These records are written in Spanish.
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Mexico, Sinaloa, Catholic Church Records, 1671-1968.|
Baptism or confirmation records may include the following:
- Place and date of the baptism or confirmation
- Given name
- Place and date of birth or age at baptism or confirmation
- If legitimate or illegitimate
- Parents' names, sometimes their residence and/or place of birth
- Names of maternal and paternal grandparents
- Names' of godparents
Marriage records may include the following:
- Place and date of the marriage
- Name of the groom
- Age, place of birth, and/or residence of groom
- Names of the groom’s parents
- Name of the bride
- Age, place of birth, and/or residence of bride
- Names of the bride’s parents
- Sometimes the parent’s place of origin and/or civil status
- Names of witnesses
Death records may include the following:
- Place and date of the burial
- Burial place
- Name of the principal
- Place and date of birth or age at time of death
- Cause of death
- Residence of the deceased
- Place of death
- Civil status of the principal
- If married, may give the name of the spouse
- Whether principal left progeny
How Do I Search the Collection?
Search by Name by visiting the Collection Page: Fill in the requested information in the initial search page. This search will return a list of possible matches. Compare the information about the ancestors in the list to what you already know about them to determine if this is the correct family or person. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to find your ancestor.
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page
⇒ Select the "City or Town" category
⇒ Select the "Parish" category
⇒ Select the "Record Type and Years" category which takes you to the images
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Spanish. For help reading the records, see the following resources:
- Mexico Language and Languages
- Spanish Genealogical Word List
- BYU Spanish Script Tutorial
- FamilySearch Learning Center videos:
What Do I Do Next?
I Can’t Find Who I’m Looking For, What Now?
Known Issues with This Collection
| Problems with this collection?|
See a list of known issues, workarounds, tips, restrictions, future fixes, news and other helpful information.
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Citing this Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- "México, Sinaloa, registros parroquiales, 1671-1968." Database with images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2016. Parroquias de la Iglesia Católica, Sinaloa [Catholic Church parishes, Sinaloa].
Record Citation (or citation for the index entry):
|The citation for a record is available with each record in this collection, at the bottom of the record screen. You can search records in this collection by visiting the search page for Mexico, Sinaloa, Catholic Church Records, 1671-1968.|
|The image citation is available by clicking on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen. You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Mexico, Sinaloa, Catholic Church Records, 1671-1968.|
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.