Mexico, Tabasco, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Mexico, Tabasco, Catholic Church Records, 1803-1970 .
- 1 Title in the Language of the Records
- 2 Record Description
- 3 Record Content
- 4 How to Use the Record
- 5 Related Websites
- 6 Related Wiki Articles
- 7 Contributions to This Article
- 8 Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Title in the Language of the Records
Registros Paroquiales de la Iglesia Católica del Estado de Tabasco, México
This collection of church records for the State of Tabasco covers the years 1803-1970.
For additional details about the history of these records and help using them, see the wiki article Mexico Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records).
For a list of records by localities and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browse.
Citation For This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Records collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher, and archive for the original records.
- Archbishoprics and Dioceses in Tabasco. Mexico, Tabasco, Catholic church records. Catholic parishes throughout Tabasco, Mexico.
Digital images of original records housed at various Catholic Church archive repositories throughout the State of Tabasco, Mexico.
Key genealogical facts found in these baptism records include:
- Date and place of baptism
- Child's name and gender
- Child's date and place of birth
- Parents' names
- Paternal grandparents
- Maternal grandparent
- Before 1820, social class of the parents
Key genealogical facts found in confirmation records include:
- Date and place of confirmation
- Name and age of the person being confirmed
- Names of parents
- Names of godparents
Key genealogical facts found in these marriage records include:
- Date and place of marriage
- Names of the bride and groom
- Groom's date and place of birth
- Groom's baptismal date and place
- Groom's confirmation date and place
- Names of the groom's parents
- Bride's date and place of birth
- Bride's baptismal date and place
- Bride's confirmation date and place
- Names of bride's parents
- Names of the witnesses
Key genealogical facts found in these death records include:
- Name of deceased
- Age and origin of deceased
- Date and place of death
- Cause of death
- Spouse's name, if married
- Sometimes, burial information
How to Use the Record
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒ Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒ Select the Nombre de Ciudad/Pueblo
⇒ Select the Nombre de Parroquia
⇒ Select the Tipo de registro y años which takes you to the images.
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation Example for a Record Found in This Collection
- “Mexico, Tabasco, Catholic Church Records, 1803-1970,” images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org: accessed 22 June 2012), Villahermosa > Sagrario > Matrimonios 1940-1941 > image 254 of 597, Porfirio Jesus Ramos and Flor de Maria Garcia, 1940; citing Parroquia de Macultepec, Tabasco, Mexico.