Mexico Catholic Church Baptism Records
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 16:34, 11 April 2013 by DSGurtler (added image)
Children were generally baptized within a few days of birth. Baptismal records usually give the following information:
- infant’s place and date of baptism
- name and status of legitimacy
- parents’, godparents’, and sometimes grandparents’ names.
- You may also find the child’s birthday
- racial distinction
- family’s place of residence or birthplace of parents
- If a child died within a few days of baptism, or if a child grew up and married, this information has sometimes been added as a note.