Miami-Dade County, Florida Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:35, 12 September 2008 by AVHone
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- Renamed from Dade County 13 November 1997 by the voter referendum to acknowledge the international recognition of the name "Miami".
- The County at the formation 18 January 1836 included what are now Palm Beach and Brevard counties.
- Named for Maj. Francis L. Dade, a soldier killed in 1835 in the Second Seminole War.
County created in 1836 from Monroe
Places / Localities
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog.