Miami County, Kansas Genealogy
Miami County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Miami County Courthouse
201 S Pearl St Ste 102;
Paola, KS 66071
Formerly Lykins County. Name changed to Miami 3 June 1861
Register of Deeds has land records from 1857.
Circuit Court has probat and marriage records from 1857,
birth and death records.
Clerk DistrictCourt has court and naturalization records. 
1855--Lykins County was created 30 August 1855. Name changed in 1861 to Miami County. County seat: Paola 
During the Civil War men from this county enlisted in the 15th Regiment, Kansas Cavalry, Company C.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Miami County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Miami County, Kansas page 253, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).