Micronesia, Pohnpei, Court Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Micronesia, Pohnpei, Court Records, 1951-2010 .
- 1 Record Description
- 2 Record Content
- 3 How to Use the Record
- 4 Related Websites
- 5 Related Wiki Articles
- 6 Contributions to This Article
- 7 Citing Family Search Historical Collections
This collection will include records from 1951 to 2010.
This collection contains court documents from the Supreme Court of Pohnpei, Micronesia. The records consist primarily of case files for criminal and civil proceedings, dockets, and appeals. Also included are wills, inheritances, land leases, deeds, and miscellaneous court actions.
For a list of records by date and event currently published in this collection, select the Browse.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Records collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher, and archive for the original records.
- "Micronesia, Pohnpei, Court Records, 1951-2010." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013. Citing:Pohnpei Supreme Court. Micronesia, Pohnpei, Court records. Supreme Court, Pohnpei.
- Name of deceased
- Name of spouse
- Name of witnesses
- Full names of children
- Date of record
How to Use the Record
To search this collection, you need to know the following information about the ancestor that you are looking for:
- Ancestor's name
- Date of birth
- Names of spouse
Search the Collection
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒Select the "Court Name" category
⇒Select the "Event Type" category
⇒Select the "Year or Inclusive Years" category
⇒Select the "File Numbers" category which will take you to the images.
Using the Information
- Use the age to calculate an approximate birth date
- Get vital information such as where they were born, where his/her family has migrated to and from
- Use residence to locate census records for the time period
Unable to Find Information?
- Try searching for nicknames of your deceased ancestor, such as Thos. for Thomas, Wm for William, Chas. for Charles, Geo. for George, etc.
- Search the last census that your ancestor was apart of. This way, you may have a hint at where their last residence was.
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing Family Search Historical Collections
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation Example for a Record Found in This Collection
“Micronesisa, Pohnpei Court Records, 1951-2010,” digital images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org: accessed 27 March 2012), La Plata > San Ponciano > Matrimonios 1884-1886 > image 71 of 389, Artemio Avendano and Clementina Peralta, 1884; citing Parroquia de San Ponciano, Court Records, Pohnpei Supreme Court, San Ponciano, La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina.