Midland Michigan Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1700 W Sugnet St Midland, MI 48640 United States
FHC Director: Kay Lynn Lund - 1 989-859-5609
- Wed 9:00am. -3:00pm.
- Thurs 9:00am. - 3:00pm.
- Sat 9:00am. - 1:00pm.
- Closed all holidays
- We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness.
- Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Vital records collection for the state of Michigan filed by county
- We have a large number of various microfich cataloged by country and US states. The index allows an easy search to see if we have information in which you might be interested.
- Index to Scotland Old Parochical Register
- Midland County Obituary indexes for years 1872 - 1982 compiled by the Midland County Genealogical Society
- Midland Country Michigan Marriage Records 1885 - 1910 (including groom and bride indexes) compiled by the Midland County Genealogical Society)
- Michigan Death Index 1867 -1874, Volumes I - III by Michigan Department Department of Community Health
- A large collection of microfilms which reside permanently at the center
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- A patron has a complete set of births, marriages, and census records in a computer database for the parishes of Llanwenog, Cardiganshire and Pencarreg, Carmarthenshire Wales. Data and searches are available for anyone interested in those parishes. Please contact email@example.com.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have 5 computers with internet access, 2 printers, 7 microfilm readers, 1 micro scanner / printer, 3 microfich readers
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)