Midland Texas Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 4805 Gateway Street, Midland, Texas 79707
- We are located north of Loop 250 between Midland Drive and Midkiff, at the corner of Crestgate Ave and Gateway St.
- Please, use the east entrance that is closest Gateway street. This is on the opposite side of the building from the Pavillion and west parking lot. You may park on the street or in the north parking lot. Be sure to press the white door bell and a Family History Center volunteer will open the door.
Phone: 432-694-3830 Leave a message
Open Hours: Tuesday 9am-3pm & 7pm-9pm, Wednesday 9am-2pm & 7pm-9pm, Thursday 7pm-9pm
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- 2 Microfilm readers
- 2nd Microfilm reader works with the computer to print and save the images digitally. Remember to bring your flash drive to keep a copy of your images.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)