Milk River Indian Agency (Minnesota)
Indian Tribes Associated With This Agency
Agents and Appointment Dates
Lt. George E. Ford April 14, 1870, A.S. Reed (Special) September 14, 1870, Andrew J. Simmons (Special) January 17, 1871, Andrew J. Simmons (agent) July 23, 1872, William W. Alderson September 1, 1873, Thomas J. Mitchell November 10, 1875, Willington Bird March 27, 1877, and Nathan S. Porter May 23, 1879 
- The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. By Edward E. Hill. Clearwater Publishing Co., New York, NY ©1974. FHL Book 970.1 H551o
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online