Miller County, Georgia Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Miller County; 155 S 1st Ste 2; Colquitt, GA 31737-1284; Ph. 912.758.4104 Details: (Courthouse fire 1873; all re cost) (pro Ct has b rec from 1919, m rec from 1904, d rec from 1950 & pro rec from 1900: Clk Sup Ct has land, div & ct rec)
1873 and 1974 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Places / Localities
- Digital Images of Miller County Will 1871-1925. See names of testators. Georgia Pioneers
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Miller County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Georgia Pioneers ($)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).