Missaukee County, Michigan Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1840--Missaukee County was created 1 April 1840 from Mackinac County. It was attached to Mackinac, Grand Traverse, Manistee, and Wexford Counties prior to organization 11 March 1871. County seat: Lake City 
FIRE DESTROYS OLD COURTHOUSE FOR MISSAUKEE.
Lake City, Mich., Feb. 18 -- (AP) -- The three-story Missaukee county court house, built in 1883, was destroyed by fire yesterday, with loss estimated at $35,000.
Valuable county records were spared from the flames as fireproof vaults remained intact. When the blaze was discovered about noon, documents outside the vaults were rushed inside to safety.
The jail and sheriff's residence, threatened by the fire, were left undamaged.
News - Palladium Benton Harbor Michigan 1944-02-18
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897-- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).