Mississippi County, Arkansas Genealogy
- This article is about a northeastern county of Arkansas. For other uses, see Mississippi (disambiguation).
Guide to Mississippi County Arkansas genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Mississippi County, Arkansas|
Location in the state of Arkansas
Location of Arkansas in the U.S.
|Founded||November 1, 1833|
|Address|| Monroe County Courthouse|
123 Madison Street
Clarendon, AR 72029-2794
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Mississippi County Courthouse
200 W Walnut
Blytheville, AR 72315
County Clerk has military records from 1850
and probate records from 1865; Clerk Circuit Court
has divorce and court records from 1866 and land records
- 1833--Mississippi County was created 1 November 1833 from Crittenden County. County seat: Blytheville 
See an interactive map of Mississippi County boundary changes.
- Dunklin County, Missouri
- Dyer County, Tennessee
- Lauderdale County, Tennessee
- Pemiscot County, Missouri
- Shelby County, Tennessee
- Tipton County, Tennessee
- 1861-1921 - Mississippi County Marriage Books A-K Index 1861-1921 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- MississippiCounty, Arkansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 69.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/5/5c/Igiarkansasem.pdf.