Difference between revisions of "Missoula County, Montana Genealogy"
|Line 106:||Line 106:|
== References ==
== References ==
Revision as of 12:59, 6 October 2008
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1865--Missoula County was created as an original county. County seat: Missoula 
Societies and Libraries
Missoula Public Library
301 E Main Street
Missoula, Montana 59802
Phone: (406) 721-2665
Fax: (406) 728-5900
Montana Genealogical Resources in the Missoula Public Library
The Missoula Public Library genealogy collection contains information on Missoula, Lake, Granite, Mineral, Sanders, and Ravalli Counties, and, to a lesser degree, Lincoln County. Genealogists may also refer to the extensive Montana Collection, located in the Audra Browman Room.
- Missoulian Subject Index – covers 25+ years of articles. The index will give you a citation to the article available on microfilm.
- Montana State Death Index – (1880-2002) includes death records recorded by the state. Mandatory registration began in 1907. This is available in the Audra Browman Room as well as the …
Western Montana Genealogical Resources
- Index to the Vital Records as Listed in the Daily Missoulian
1976-1982 (obits only)
- Cemetery Information
Missoula County (1869 to date)
Sanders County (1894 to date)
Mineral County (1893 to date)
Lake County (1845 to date)
Granite County (1869 to date)
Ravalli County (1893 to 1987)
Lincoln County 1890 to 1985)
- Bio-Sheets: A compilation from Cemetery records, Mortuary records, Tombstone records, & Obits
- Index to the 1910 Missoula County, Montana census
- Index to the Microfilm Record of the Book of Baptisms, Marriages, Deaths, and Confirmations in the City of Helena, Montana, Archdiocese of Nebraska, from 1866, and in Hellgate and Frenchtown
- Pre-1900 Index of Vital Records for Missoula Area Newspapers
- Index of the Upper Swan Valley Homestead Claims, Condon, Montana
- Index to the 1930 Mineral County, Montana census
- Mineral County, Montana Death Records Index (to 1896)
- Index to 1870 Montana Census, Cedar Creek Mines
- Index to 1880 Montana Census, Dist. 92
- Index to 1910 Ravalli County, Montana census
- Vital Statistics extracted from the Northwest Tribune (Ravalli County) (2 v.: 1889-1900, 1901-1910)
- Sanders County Montana Armed Services Personnel, 1917-1949
- Senyelemen: “gathering” of sacred records of the Sqelix (people), 1910-1960 (Sanders and Lake Counties)
- Drawing for Homesteads 1909 (Flathead Indian Reservation – Lake County)
Other Montana Resources
- First Families of Montana and Early Settlers (2 v.)
- Montana Data Index: a Reference Guide to Historical and Genealogical Resources (1992 ed.)
- US Military Personnel Died (including Missing and Captured, Declared Dead) As a Result of the Vietnam Conflict (list of Montanans)
- Norske i Montana (3 v.) [Norwegians in Montana]
- Yellowstone County, Montana Marriages 1889-1991
- Homesteader Names, Liberty County
- Blackfeet Nation Family History (5 v.) (Glacier County)
- Riverside Cemetery, Fort Benton (v. 1-2) (Choteau County)
- County Histories from across Montana
Genealogical queries may be sent to the Missoula Public Library or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.The charges are $5.00 per brief request + $0.25 per copy. All research requests will be billed and the results mailed to you on receipt of payment.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).