Missouri, United States Genealogy
- This article is about a central state of the United States. For other uses, see Missouri (disambiguation).
United States Missouri
|United States Wiki Topics|
|United States Background|
|Local Research Resources|
Welcome to Missouri, The Show Me State
Most archives, historical societies, and genealogical societies have special collections and indexes of genealogical value. For example, the St. Louis Public Library has a card index to published genealogies in books and periodicals. Such collections must usually be searched in person. The Library can accessed at http://www.slpl.org/index.asp.
| St. Louis City |
- Find which county a town is in, what town a cemetery is in, even where a postoffice or building is by using the United States Geographical Survey's Geographical Names Information System.
- David Rumsey Map Collection is a large online collection of rare, old, antique historical atlases, globes, maps, charts plus other cartographic treasures.
- The Missouri GenWeb Project has a wealth of information and is a part of the larger USGenWeb Project. The USGenWeb Project provides internet information on every county in every state in the United States.
- BYU Missouri Research Outline largely duplicates these Wiki pages. Includes some bibliographic lists from BYU Library, 2001.
Things you can do
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by: