Missouri, United States Genealogy
This article is about a state of the United States. For other uses, see Missouri (disambiguation).
|Missouri Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Welcome to Missouri, The Show Me State
Most archives, historical societies, and genealogical societies have special collections and indexes of genealogical value. For example, the St. Louis Public Library has a card index to published genealogies in books and periodicals. Such collections must usually be searched in person. The Library can accessed at http://www.slpl.org/index.asp.
| St. Louis City |
- Find which county a town is in, what town a cemetery is in, even where a postoffice or building is by using the United States Geographical Survey's Geographical Names Information System.
- David Rumsey Map Collection is a large online collection of rare, old, antique historical atlases, globes, maps, charts plus other cartographic treasures.
- The Missouri GenWeb Project has a wealth of information and is a part of the larger USGenWeb Project. The USGenWeb Project provides internet information on every county in every state in the United States.
- BYU Missouri Research Outline largely duplicates these Wiki pages. Includes some bibliographic lists from BYU Library, 2001.
FamilySearch Historical Record Collections
Online collections containing these records are located in FamilySearch.org.
Wiki articles describing these collections are found at:
- Missiouri Death and Burials (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Missiouri Confederate Pension Applications and Soldiers' Home Admission Applications (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Things you can do
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by: