|Missouri Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
The major genealogical periodicals and magazines helpful for Missouri research are:
- Kansas City Genealogist. 1960-. Published by the Heart of America Genealogical Society and Library, c/o Kansas City Public Library, 311 E. 12th St., Kansas City, Missouri 64106-2412. FHL Book 977.841 B2g; Fiche 6010733-60, volumes 1-28.
- Missouri Miscellany: Statewide Missouri Genealogical Records. 1973-84. 17 volumes. Published by Mrs. Howard W. Woodruff, Independence, Missouri. FHL Book 977.8 D2w v. 1-17.
- Missouri Pioneers: County and Genealogical Records. 1967-76. 30 volumes. Published by Nadine Hodges & Mrs. Howard W. Woodruff, Independence, Missouri. FHL Book 977.8 D2h; volumes 1-2 on film 496617 items 8-9; volumes 3-6 on film 496618; volume 7 on film 823774 item 5.
- Ozar' Kin: The People who Settled the Missouri Ozarks. 1979-. Published by the Ozarks Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 3945, Springfield, Missouri 65808-3945 FHL Book 977.8 D25o.
- Pioneer Times. 1977-1993. Published by the Mid-Missouri Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 715, Jefferson City, Missouri 65102. FHL Book 977.8 B2p; Fiche 6333987-95, volumes 1-9.)
- The Prairie Gleaner. 1969-. Published by the West Central Missouri Genealogical Society and Library, 705 Broad Street, Warrensburg, Missouri 64093-2032. FHL Book 977.84 B2p.
- St. Louis Genealogical Society Quarterly. 1968-. Published by the St. Louis Genealogical Society, 1695 So. Brentwood Boulevard, St. Louis, Missouri 63144. FHL Book 977.865 B2q; volumes 1-2 on film 1698206 item 16; volumes 1-27 and an index to volumes 11-20 on films 1698209-10.
A helpful index to subjects in 13 periodicals is Robert L. Grover, Missouri Genealogical Periodical Index: A County Guide, 1960-1982 (Independence: Missouri Territory Pioneers, 1983; FHL Book 977.8 B22g.
Missouri State Archives: has newspapers, manuscripts, and etc.
National Archives (Central Plains Region) in Kansas City, MO: has manuscripts.
- The Missouri Historical Review: Information about the history of Missouri, and how it effected the people living there. Issues published 1906-2002 are available for free online from the State Historical Society of Missouri (link below): http://statehistoricalsocietyofmissouri.org/cdm/landingpage/collection/mhr
- The Missouri State Genealogical Association Journal: Genealogical information for all of Missouri. They have a surname index and a topic index online. They were produced by the Missouri State Genealogical Association. Most of their copies are online free or charge. Newer journals not available for free online). Website: http://mosga.org/index.php
- PERSI: Index online, but copies of actual records must be ordered.
- Missouri Digital Heritage Online: has links to different manuscript collections
- FamilySearch.org: Books, catalog, and microfilms with newspapers, manuscripts, and etc.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri: copies of their Missouri Historical Review.
- Missouri State Genealogical Association: copies of MoSGA Journal