Mohave County, Arizona Genealogy
|Mohave County, Arizona|
Location in the state of Arizona
Location of Arizona in the U.S.
|Founded||November 9, 1864|
|Address|| 401 E. Spring Street|
P.O. Box 7000
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Places/Localities
- 3 Resources
- 4 Societies and Libraries
- 5 Family History Centers
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Mohave County Courthouse
401 East Spring St
Kingman, Az 86041
Clerk Superior Court has marriage recrods from 1888,
Divorce, Probate and Court Records from 1850
County Records land records 
Mohave County is located in the northwest corner of Arizona, the county seat is Kingman, and it also contains the somewhat newer 'river city' known as Bullhead City, which is across the Colorado River from Laughlin, Nevada. Hoover Dam is also partly included in the county due to it being built to dam the Colorado River to create Lake Mead. The word 'Mohave' is a variant spelling of 'Mojave'.
1864--Mohave County was created 21 December 1864 as an original county. County seat: Kingman 
On 22 December 1865 a large part of northwest Mohave County was taken away by the Arizona state government to create Pah-Ute County.
About a year later, most of Pah-Ute county was given to Nevada by the US government. The remainder of Pah-Ute County was restored to Mohave County on 18 February 1871.
In 1883 the part of Yavapai County north of the Colorado River and west of Kanab Wash was transferred to Mohave County.
- Clark County, Nevada
- Kane County, Utah
- La Paz
- Lincoln County, Nevada
- San Bernardino County, California
- Washington County, Utah
- Beaver Dam Cemetery, Beaver Dam
- Chloride Cemetery, Mohave Short distance east of US 93 northwest of Kingman
- Desert Lawn Cemetery, Mohave Valley (Mohave Valley is along SR-68, is strung out for more than fifteen miles along that highway, just northwest of Kingman).
- Littlefield Cemetery, Littlefield. At interchange of I-15 and County Road 91 (road not named on freeway signs but may be the old US-91 highway).
For tips on accessing Mohave County, Arizona Genealogy census records online, see: Arizona Census.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Mt. Trumbull
Recorded Land Records from 1 January 1970 to the present may be search online.
All Recorded Land Records may be searched at
700 W. Beale Street
Kingman, AZ 86402-0070
Mohave County Miner (Mineral Park, A.T. [Ariz.]) 1882-1918 is availble for free Online viewing.
395 marriages from 1 Jun 1866 to 26 Jun 1907 are listed on the Western States Marriage Index.
Societies and Libraries
Lake Havasu Genealogical Society
P.O. Box 953
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86405-0953
Mohave County Genealogical Society
400 W. Beale St
Kingman, AZ 86401
Family History Centers
3180 Rutherford St
Kingman, Mohave, Arizona, United States
Lake Havasu City Arizona
504 N Acoma Blvd
Lake Havasu City, Mohave, Arizona, United States
These are not mailing addresses. Due to limited staff, Family History Centers are unable to respond to mail inquiries.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Mohave County, Arizona Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Mohave County, Arizona p. 56. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).