Mohave County, Arizona Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Family History Centers
- 7 Web Sites
- 8 References
Mohave County is located in the northwest corner of Arizona, the county seat is Kingman, and it also contains the somewhat newer 'river city' known as Bullhead City, which is across the Colorado River from Laughlin, Nevada. Hoover Dam is also partly included in the county due to it being built to dam the Colorado River to create Lake Mead. The word 'Mohave' is a variant spelling of 'Mojave'.
1864--Mohave County was created 21 December 1864 as an original county. County seat: Kingman 
- Clark County, Nevada
- Kane County, Utah
- La Paz
- Lincoln County, Nevada
- San Bernardino County, California
- Washington County, Utah
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Mt. Trumbull
Mohave County Miner (Mineral Park, A.T. [Ariz.]) 1882-1918 is availble for free Online viewing.
395 marriages from 1 Jun 1866 to 26 Jun 1907 are listed on the Western States Marriage Index.
Societies and Libraries
Lake Havasu Genealogical Society
P.O. Box 953
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86405-0953
Mohave County Genealogical Society
400 W. Beale St
Kingman, AZ 86401
Family History Centers
3180 Rutherford St
Kingman, Mohave, Arizona, United States
Lake Havasu City Arizona
504 N Acoma Blvd
Lake Havasu City, Mohave, Arizona, United States
These are not mailing addresses. Due to limited staff, Family History Centers are unable to respond to mail inquiries.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Mohave County, Arizona Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).