Mono County, California Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 02:26, 20 September 2011 by Sandralpond (add links to FHC's)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Quick Facts
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies, Libraries and Museums
- 6 Websites
- 7 References
The Benton Paiute Indian Reservation is located in this county.
- Douglas County, Nevada
- Esmeralda County, Nevada
- Lyon County, Nevada
- Mineral County, Nevada
Archives and Libraries
Church History and Records
Land and Property
- California Trail 1844 to 1869 from western Missouri to northern California
- Carson (River) Trail 1848 (aka Mormon Emigrant Trail) crossed the Forty Mile Desert past the west side of the Carson Sink to pick up the Carson River near Fallon, Nevada up to Hope Valley and Red Lake. The Devil's Ladder then climbed 700 feet (210 m) in half a mile so ropes, chains, and pulleys were required to lift the wagons. Carson Pass was followed by the relatively easy West Pass (Kirkwood, California) and then on to Pollock Pines, Placerville, and Sutter's Fort, California
Societies, Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
- Mono County CAGenWeb
- USGenWeb Archives
- USGenWeb Archives backup site
- FamilySearch Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- National Park Service, "California Trail" (map) in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/upload/CALImap1-web.pdf (accessed 5 August 2011).
- Wikipedia contributors, "California Trail" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Trail (accessed 5 August 2012).