Monroe County, Alabama Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 21:17, 4 April 2012 by Murphynw (infobox)
|Monroe County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||June 29, 1815|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1833--A courthouse fire destroyed all records.
- see obituary abstracts from the African-American newspaper, The Eagle, in the Newspaper section below
For tips on accessing Monroe County, Alabama Genealogy census records online, see: Alabama Census.
- Obituaries & Death Notices published in The Eagle, 1891-1914 - an African-American newspaper of the county. Provided via Afrigeneas.com
Societies and Libraries
Family History Center
- Monroe County, ALGenWeb - free genealogical resources; part of the national USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- Monroe County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).